We do not really realize how fast time seems to move once we hit ours 20s. We start our day at the crack of dawn and before we know it, the day has already ended, then the month, and the years seem to keep on passing us by. So, the faster our age appears to go, we realize that the slower our body becomes. Our body doesn’t move the way it used to and more and more health concerns start appearing. Now one thing that happens frequently to people but goes undiagnosed for a while is hearing loss.
Now it is important to be able to tell when we might be losing our sense of hearing and when to opt for hearing aids, so we have compiled a list of signs to look out for.
- If you find yourself straining to listen to and understand normal conversations which you otherwise were fine with, you could be developing a problem.
- If you need to turn up the volume of the television or radio etc. louder than other people, you should look into it.
- Consistently feel as if everyone around you is mumbling and not speaking clearly even though they might be speaking normally.
- Have issues understanding what is being talked about in public gatherings, cinemas, theaters etc.
- If you have to ask people to repeat themselves consistently in order to understand what they are saying.
- Have trouble understanding conversations over the phone and have to ask the person to speak louder at least more than once.
If you are noticing majority of the following signs, it is recommended that you meet a professional and get the necessary diagnosis, and if required, the right hearing aids as well. You can visit the experts at Beltone Central California for a consultation today.